Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 79

Thread: All LPD

  1. #41
    Inactive Member retiredteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    853
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: All LPD

    I think the attitude of Forest Stuart will hinder him some for making POY.
    You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."

  2. #42
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: All LPD

    It's a hard call to make.

    How much should a player's attitude factor into something like this? We've had some players in the past few years who were POY and had bad attitudes. There's another player I had on my list for this year who has a bad attitude, but I can't deny his skills.

    In Forrest's situation, whether I like his attitude or not, I'd have to say he's the most naturally skilled player I've seen in the LPD in a long time.

    Quote Originally Posted by retiredteach View Post
    I think the attitude of Forest Stuart will hinder him some for making POY.
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  3. #43
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: All LPD

    If Garrison doesn't at least split POY with Stuart it's a joke. He's only the best player on the best team in the league and one of the ten best teams in the state.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  4. #44
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: All LPD

    Quote Originally Posted by cvcgrad View Post
    For the all-district team, I would go with...

    Forrest Stuart (Appy)
    CJ Short (JJK)
    Trey Garrison (PV)
    Ryan Hubbard (PV)
    Cameron Vanover (Clintwood)

    POY: Forrest Stuart (Appy)
    Coach of the Year: Zach Moore (PV)

    Second Team / Honorable Mention
    Chase Beverly (Pound)
    Aaron Clark (JJK)
    Sam Vaughn (PV)
    Mladen Bogicevic (Appy)
    Alex Couch (JJK)


    Glad to see somebody without bias and putting some folks from somewhere other than PV/Appy on their list
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  5. #45
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: All LPD

    The POY and all-district team has always been controversial. I don't think 2009-10 will be any different.

    In the situation with Garrison, I think he is definitely all-district and is on my all-Region D team as well. But, I don't think he is on the same page as Stuart. With all due respects to Garrison, there have been a few games this season where I thought Hubbard played a better game.

    At any rate, it will be interesting to see how it turns out. It will also be interesting to see how our local teams do in the Region tournament and in the state tournament.

    Quote Originally Posted by pvfan View Post
    If Garrison doesn't at least split POY with Stuart it's a joke. He's only the best player on the best team in the league and one of the ten best teams in the state.
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  6. #46
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: All LPD

    i just dont see it.

    i dont see forrest getting lpd poy over garrison.

    they score right around the same PPG, while garrison is a PG and racks up dimes.
    they split the regular season, but PV has a better loss. (GC>>>JJK)

    it should be a split at the very least.

    you call is bias, I call it picking the five best players, which is what an all star team should be, the five best players.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  7. #47
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: All LPD

    The 5 best players is hard to pick though sometimes and it seems like some people have a hard time seeing that. You know when Michigan had the fab 5, some of them were pretty fab, but the others seemed better due to what they had around them. Byron Scott, AC Green, Danny Ainge, etc were good solid players but due to being on loaded teams, they were probably viewed as better than they were. You put them as a #1 or even a #2 option on a team, what would they have been?

    If I was guessing a top 10 it would be something along the lines of

    Garrison
    Stuart
    Vanover
    Beverly
    Short
    Hubbard
    Bogicevic
    Vaughn
    Meade
    Couch or Clark
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  8. #48
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: All LPD

    Quote Originally Posted by Unchained View Post
    Glad to see somebody without bias and putting some folks from somewhere other than PV/Appy on their list
    It'd be nice to see somebody other than Appy/PV win more than 11 games too.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  9. #49
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: All LPD

    Quote Originally Posted by cvcgrad View Post
    It's a hard call to make.

    How much should a player's attitude factor into something like this? We've had some players in the past few years who were POY and had bad attitudes. There's another player I had on my list for this year who has a bad attitude, but I can't deny his skills.

    In Forrest's situation, whether I like his attitude or not, I'd have to say he's the most naturally skilled player I've seen in the LPD in a long time.
    I've seen Stuart cost his team the regular season title with his technical foul as well. I hate to get like this on this thread but you guys are just being ridiculous.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  10. #50
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: All LPD

    Quote Originally Posted by R0cketer View Post
    The 5 best players is hard to pick though sometimes and it seems like some people have a hard time seeing that. You know when Michigan had the fab 5, some of them were pretty fab, but the others seemed better due to what they had around them. Byron Scott, AC Green, Danny Ainge, etc were good solid players but due to being on loaded teams, they were probably viewed as better than they were. You put them as a #1 or even a #2 option on a team, what would they have been?

    If I was guessing a top 10 it would be something along the lines of

    Garrison
    Stuart
    Vanover
    Beverly
    Short
    Hubbard
    Bogicevic
    Vaughn
    Meade
    Couch or Clark
    You think a team that won 8 games has 2 of the ten best players in the league and you claim I'm biased? Geez, this thread has turned into a joke.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •